Sunday, September 9, 2007

Test drive a blog today: available in sporty green?

After successfully overcoming the daunting task of creating my first blog, I tilt my chair in smug self-approval. Alas, I fear that what seemed to be somewhat challenging, navigating the unfamiliar realm of controlling my own online site, is in reality probably the simplest thing I will do as I face the new age of digital history and the infinite archive. I feel like the aging academic, at the end of his career, facing the push of the technologically inclined youth, longing for the days of pen and paper and the musty smell of old manuscripts. However, I quickly give my head a shake, remind myself of my age and decide to embrace the future and accept my role in propagating the wonders of the computer and it's online archive. At the worst, it gives me an online forum to ramble and write, regardless of whether I have an audience.

1 comment:

William J. Turkel said...

Dude, if you can snowboard in the Andes you can totally shred digital history.